Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Face book and Twitter

... really are the anti blog...

Shorter, easier, faster... less depth and weight and more RIGHT NOW RIGHT NOW RIGHT NOW.

Who has time to blog in a world where everyone tweets.

I think this concept has a very broad application.

Not ranting here, just offering up an observation.

Pretty soon actual social interaction will be obsolete.

I pine for the days before email and cell phones... the days when people actually had make a commitment and be there rather then a simple "I call you" or a "check your email".

AND ANOTHER THING... I think this whole carbon bike thing has gotten a little out of control and a little expensive for the working man. Back to steel frames, that's what I say- level the playing field and reduce the cost.

Just trying to keep this wheel rolling.

With that I say good night and leave you with this quote by Homer Jay Simpson:

And how is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

No comments: