Wednesday, May 19, 2010

This came in over the wire



Chester,
As it happens, I'm headed back to Idyllwild to try to reconstruct some of my old physics work, as I'm returning to teaching physics next year. At a new school. In central Utah, so at some point I'm going to need to hear some recommendations from you about SLC...
At any rate, I'm going to be in town for their graduation and the race. I'm not in great shape, and really not in racing shape, so if one of your life goals is still to beat me in a race, here's a good time for it to happen. Heh. Judging from your blog post about a 10-miler on the beach, you'll win handily. I've actually gotten back into cycling more, but not to the point of racing. Just riding, exploring the local hills, and hoping my left achilles forgives me one day soon.
Hope all is well with you and Caitlin.

Hmmmm : As it turns out one of my life goals IS still to beat good ol' Hespinator in a footy race. We used to run together while I was a student at Idyllwild Arts Academy and the end of the year IDY 10K was always a formidable field of battle between myself and the Hespinator. Many drops of blood and vomit were left out on the roads of Idyllwild and appearing by this email it looks like... ITS ON!
The excuses are already coming "not in that great racing shape"... ""you'll win handidly"... yada yada yada. Me thinks I smell a trap.

WHEN: JUNE 5th:
WHERE: IDYLLWILD CA
WHAT: A DUEL BETWEEN CHESTER AND HIS OLD HIGH SCHOOL PHYSICS TEACHER
10k footy race on one of the most challenging 10k courses in the United States
Shoes optional
EVERYTHING IS ON THE LINE. WINNER TAKES ALL INCLUDING UNDISPUTED GRANDMASTER CHAMPIONSHIP LORD OF UNIVERSE WELTER WEIGHT SUPER HERO BELT.

BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!!!!

Now I just have to check with the wife :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't miss that one for the world!!!

Bandit said...

Watch it, your old design and production teach will be there as well.