Sunday, March 6, 2011

Something that matters



The question is not, "Can they reason?" nor, "Can they talk?" but rather, "Can they suffer?" -Jeremy Bentham


"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter "
- MLK

Did you know that pigs love to have their bellies rubbed?


Its true, they love it just as much as Blue Dogs.

Did you know that Cows give kisses?


This is why I stopped eating meat. Not because of stupid health reasons. But because the animals I was eating were living creatures who were suffering horribly just so I could satisfy a culinary desire.

“Just how destructive does a culinary preference have to be before we decide to eat something else? If contributing to the suffering of billions of animals that live miserable lives and (quite often) die in horrific ways isn’t motivating, what would be?" - Jonathan Safran Foer

George Bernard Shaw said it pretty good: Animals are my friends... and I don't eat my friends."


No comments: