Sunday, September 20, 2009

Weekend Ramblings

Right now I am sitting in the kitchen with a cup of green tea thinking back on the 3 years that have led up to this moment. Not so much morbid reflection, just quiet contemplation if you will.
It is easy to look back and say "time has done by so fast" but in reality as I look back what comes to mind is how I've grown and how much life I have been able to live over these past 3 years and how my life just seems to get better and better. A buddy of mine puts it like this: "As long as I continue to try to do the next indicated right action in my life, blessing chase me down and overtake me." Yeah...something like that anyways ;)

This weekend has been pretty amazing so far. It started with a visit from my mother in law Thursday night. We had a great dinner that consisted of grilled veggies and spaghetti squash sandwiches. Then Friday Caitlin and I headed down town and got a handle on some errands that were long over due. Then I went we parted ways for a bit as she headed to meet her friend who is in town from back east. The night ened with some vegan pumpkin pie at "The Soj"... awesome. I think I would end my night with vegan agave pumpkin pie and chamomile tea every night of the week.

Yesterday I attempted the group ride and I am not sure if is that I have not really been riding in 2 weeks or it was just freaking fast but it was a little too fast for my taste right now. I actually turned around before the top of the first Casitas climb... just threw in the towel... Zach was not too far behind and offered up these words "sometimes it is just not worth flogging yourself". I could not agree with you more Zach. I got back from the ride, switched bikes and then headed over to tuckers grove park where I spent the afternoon celebrating a friends birthday, eating salad and delicious vegan chili and playing bad mitten (?). We play left handed and the John/Darren duo went undefeated the entire BBQ (something like 16 or 17 games) before they retired on top... After the BBQ the wife and I went for a little jog.
My IT band started to aggravate my right knee towards the end of the run. An ominous warning of how short my running season will be if I don't take care of it no doubt. The irony there is it is an injury that I can avoid if I stay diligent, stretch properly and use the foam death roller.

We bought 6 items at the store the other day on a gift card. A shower curtain, a bath mat, and 4 Tupperware containers using a gift card at Macy's. In an attempt to prevent accumulated clutter I will searching for 6 Items to get rid of over the course of today either by way of ebay or good will. I will keep you posted tonight as it unfolds. I am setting a goal of 2 weeks to get rid of all the items that are already flagged. I have a giant box of "to sell on ebay" and another box of "give to Caitlin's folks". At the end of that 2 week time period I will then take inventory of what I have left and publish an itemised list of most everything I own. From there I plan to try to get that list to as close to 100 things or less as possible.

Today If things go well I would like to go for a little run, possibly an ocean swim, try to do a little surfing, get a little yard work done, and possibly a yoga class in the evening.

Glad to be blogging again please bear with the rambles until I am able to rediscover my voice.


Energy and persistence conquer all things
-Ben Franklin

No comments: