Wednesday, February 11, 2009

BLVD/ RT RR

Boulevard- Had been snowing for 30 minutes prior to start of my event. Thought I was hallucinating. Turns out I wasn't. I also wasn't prepared. Two pairs of gloves were soaked through and my hands were completely numb... all this before the first decent. Picked up my skirt and turned around... no shame in that game.

RT- Was in the only break that did anything- but that anything was not much. We stayed away for 7 laps or so, but were missing two colors that had good numbers in the field. 2 to go and I was in good position right near the front. The swarm came wide and I rode a little too conservatively thinking that I needed to save it for the sprint. I came into the hill in the back third of the peleton and had to jump outside into the wind a little too early. I finished 16th with 3/4 of a tank left. Lesson learned: Saving it for the sprint is pointless if it mean loosing position. It is better to be there and have nothing then to not be there and have everything.

Next weekend is Cantua and Pine Flat. Forecast calls for more rain. I grew up in Palm Springs Ca and am seriously beginning to doubt my self proclaimed hard-man status.

Family issues have risen to the surface so could be the race schedule gets put on hold on. Family is first. Family is always first.

2 comments:

Wesley K said...

I watched your race at Red Trolley. Don't doubt yourself as a "hard-man" you did a lot of work and still finished well. Good to see you out there.

Unknown said...

Wesley- likewise man. looks like you are going to have a great season! Can't wait for you to start racking up the wins.

The hardman comment was refering more with the ability to deal and overcome adverse weather conditions such as rain and snow etc...